A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
1. Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of assisting us in the necessary administration of our business and also for the continued provision of our products and services to you.
2. What personal information we collect
The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Your name, occupation and home address;
- Your email address, telephone number and business address; and
- Other information which may assist us in conducting our business, and providing and marketing our products and services.
3. How we collect personal information
We collect personal information through our business relationships with you and our clients. We also collect personal information from third-party sources such as advertisers, your self-promotions, public records, mailing lists, contractors, staff and our business partners.
The personal information is collected by way of:
- forms filled out by you, face-to-face meetings, interviews, business cards, electronic communications and telephone conversations. In addition, we collect personal information from our social media web pages (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- when you request or acquire a product or service from us, register with us as a subscriber to our newsletter, provide a product or service to us or when you communicate with us electronically (including email and facsimile), by telephone or in writing; and
4. How we use personal information
In addition to the primary purpose identified at clause 1, we may use the personal information we collect, and you consent to us using your personal information:
- to provide you with news and information about our services;
- to manage and enhance our services;
- to communicate with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- as part of any investigation in relation to you or your activity which we suspect to be a breach of any of our terms and conditions, serious misconduct or unlawful; and
as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including without limitation the Privacy Act).
5. Disclosing personal information
We never disclose personal information unless otherwise granted permission to do so.
6. How we hold personal information – security
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by means of secure premises, locked cabinets, firewalls, password access, secure servers and encryption of credit card transactions.
However, you acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed. You provide personal information to us via the internet or by post at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information where the security of the information is not within our control.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information.
If you suspect any misuse, interference or loss, or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure in respect of your personal information, or any other privacy breach please let us know immediately.
7. What are your personal information rights?
We like to make sure you are fully aware of your personal information rights. You are entitled to the following:
- The right to access and request a copy of your personal information;
- The right to request us to rectify any of your personal information held by us;
- The right to request we remove or erase your personal information;
In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing, rectifying, and/or removing any personal information.
If you want to contact us regarding your personal information please see clause 10 for our contact details.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect personal information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. This improves your experience on our website.
Our website uses the following cookies:
– Google Analytics
– Facebook Pixel
– Google Ads
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However by changing these settings, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
9. Maintaining quality of your personal information
It is important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the personal information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
10. Queries or Complaints
11. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, see www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated on 19 August 2019